These elegant miniature footstools are lovely small additions to your doll’s house. They measure one and a quarter inches in diameter, and just three eighths high, including the bun feet. They are to be stitched in tent stitch (like half cross stitch) on 28 count evenweave fabric. This means that they are quite quick to do, as you only need to stitch the design detail. The background fabric is left showing, as it is already coloured. The kits contain an easy-to-assemble mahogany footstool kit, along with the stitching kit. There are many designs to choose from – most co-ordinate with other needlepoint items from the range such as carpets, bellpulls or cushions, too, if you like the ‘matching look’.
The footstools measure 1 1/4 inches diameter, and 3/8 inches high (31mm x 10mm), including the bun feet.
Those of you with good memories may remember that I used to sell footstool kits a few years ago – but I had to discontinue the range, as the supplier of the wooden bases went out of business. So, I have reinstated the best-selling designs from the previous range, along with some brand new designs for you to choose from.
If you wish to finish the mahogany footstool base in the wax finish that we used for the stitched models shown below, we sell a Mahogany Wax Wood Finishing Pack. For details of what the Pack
- COLOUR BLOCK CHART – computer-generated, easy-to-follow (the fabric is not printed)
- Detailed instructions, including how to work the kit using tent stitch
- Colour photo on the front of each kit shows how the completed stitching will look
- Anchor stranded cotton (using one strand)
- 28 count evenweave
- metal cover button parts
- an easy-to-assemble mahogany footstool kit, to make the base of the stool
Size 1.25 x 3/8 inches (40 x 9 mm)