Staircarpet kits for one twelfth scale dollshouses – these contain everything you need to make your own miniature needlepoint staircarpet!
All the twelfth-scale staircarpet kits listed below include an easy to follow colour block chart, 18 count canvas, tapestry needle, all the necessary colours of Appletons crewel wool and full instructions, including how to do tent stitch (similar to half cross stitch). The dimensions given are for the design area ONLY, excluding the side hem. Hemming the long sides will add about an eighth of an inch (3mm) on each side to the total dimensions listed.
- COLOUR BLOCK CHART – computer-generated, easy-to-follow (the canvas is not printed)
- Detailed instructions, including how to work the kit using tent stitch (which is similar to half cross stitch), how to measure your staircase so that you make the carpet the correct length, how to hem the finished stitching, and finally, various suggestions as to how to fix the carpet to the stairs
- Colour photo on the front of each kit shows how the completed stitching will look
- Plenty of crewel wool (use one strand as it comes off the skein)
- 18 count interlock canvas, long enough to make a carpet which will fit a 15-step flight of stairs in your doll’s house
The dimensions of these kits vary with each design – they are all designed for one twelfth scale doll’s houses.